We knew that we would be getting some big changes on Heroes when co-exec producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb were fired, but at the time we didn’t know that it would include the return of Bryan Fuller, season one’s best writer. You see, he left the show at the end of season one to create my favorite recently canceled series, Pushing Daisies. He was also the mastermind behind Wonderfalls, an equally awesome show that was canceled before it had a chance to prove itself. While Fuller has some input on the last new episode, I believe it was only felt in the closing moments, which changed the direction of the current chapter. Tonight marks Fuller’s first scripted episode, and he promised a return to the excitement of the first season; returning characters, a back to basics with the wonder of normal people having extraordinary powers, and a face to come with the danger.
What better way to give a face to the danger than to reveal the mysterious Rebel? Well, that is what tonight promises. After outing Nathan as having powers, the “Hunter” targets Rebel and sets in motion a plan to find him (or her) and capture them. I’m still pulling for Rebel to be Micah, the young boy who can talk to (and command) machines. What better power is suited to find and contact other heroes, and then lead them to safety? the episode airs tonight at 9pm on NBC.
Also on tonight…
- ABC: Dancing With the Stars (Reality)
- ABCFAM:The Secret Life of the American Teenager (Teen Drama)
- CBS: How I Met Your Mother (Comedy)
- CW: Gossip Girl (Teen Drama)
- NBC: Chuck (Action Drama)
- ABCFAM: Roommates (Comedy)
- CW: One Tree Hill (Drama)
- FOX: 24 (Action Drama)
- USA: WWE Monday Night Raw (Wrestling)
- ABC: Castle (Crime Drama/Comedy)
- CBS: CSI: Miami (Crime Drama)
- NBC: Medium (Sci-Fi Drama)
- TNT: Saving Grace (Drama)