The moment most Buffy fans have waited for since the middle of season 4 is here, Daniel “Oz” Osbourne is back! (as seen in the awesome cover on the left) As I did with the television series, I have blocked myself away from spoilers and the only thing that I know is that the gang goes to Oz for help. While I have enjoyed the Buffy comic series, it has been a little disjointed and hit or miss. The pacing and flow of the “season’s” story has been off. With Buffy writer Jane Espenson penning the next few issues I have a lot of hope for this arc. In fact, I’m keeping this preview short so I can run to the store right now to pick up the issue…
What else is worth your time?
- Marvel: Cable #16 – Continuing directly from the “Messiah War” crossover with X-Force, Cable is in a bad place and might not be long for this world.
- DC: Nothing is worth your time this week.
- Image: Chew #2 – A twisted concept that is both engaging and… well, pretty twisted.
- IDW: Angel #23 – This book still stinks, but maybe it will get a little better with the return of “After the Fall” writer Brian Lynch. I want to root for this book so badly, except every week that gets harder (and it is not worth the high $3.99 cover price!).
- Boom! Studios: Irredeemable #4 – My comic book guy recommended this to me. Mark Waid at the top of his game? I’m in.