There is so much stuff going on that I didn’t want to wait for the weekend. Introducing The (Mid-Week) Pit!
- Variety reports that Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman, is set to star in Avon Man for Fox. In the comedy from Hitch writer Kevin Bisch, Jackman portrays a car salesman that is laid off and reluctantly becomes an Avon salesman to provide for his family. Using his charm he becomes a top seller… ah, I’m not sure about this one Wolverine.
- Renee Zellweger will return as Bridget Jones in a third film in the series, which is based on the 2005 newspaper column by Helen Fielding. In the new installment, Bridget is in her 40s and is desperatly trying to have a baby before it is too late.
- TBS has greenlighted a new series based on the Ice Cube comedy Are We There Yet? The new series sees Terry Crewstake over the role originated by Cube, who will guest star in the series as an all new character. Are We There Yet? joins Meet the Browns on TBS, another film turned TV series.
- Staying on the subject of TV, FX Network has given the thumbs up for a pilot for The League, a semi-scripted comedy set around a fantasy football league. There is a cool webseries with a similar premise (fantasy baseball) that has been going for a couple months, Fantasy Life.
- More poisoning of the vampire genre, a Twilight graphic novel. Ugh.
- Bobby Miller from The Best Short Films in the World has an all new webseries, The Reel Good Show. Miller hosts the online talk show. Their first guest, Obama Girl. Check out the pilot here.