I gave up on Monk for a long time, it was one of those shows that I just didn’t have to watch. I’d forget when it was on, and it was so removed from other programming that I wouldn’t even know when seasons were actually going. Last week began the final season, and I took another chance on the series. It was more of the same, but in a very good way. I’ve been so far removed that the charm is back for me and it feels like I didn’t miss a beat.
Tony Shalhoub as Adrian Monk has always been a great fit, and he still has it. Tonight, Monk has his hands full as he works on a high-profile case in which a maid’s killer tented to her wounds and he connects with a visiting African widower (portrayed by Lost‘s Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, RIP Eko) who is investigating his wife’s death.
If you gave up the show like I did, it might be a good time to check it out again at 8pm on USA.
What else is on?
- CBS: Neil Diamond – Hot August Night: NYC (Music)
- FOX: Mental (Medical Drama)
- MNT: Friday Night SmackDown! (Wrestling)
- NBC: Dateline NBC (News Showcase)
- SYFY: Eureka (Sci-Fi Comedy)
- ABC: 20/20 (News Showcase)
- E!: The Soup (Clip Comedy)
- USA: Psych (Crime Comedy)