It has been a while since we’ve had a Pit (let along a mid-week version)! Sorry about the slow up, it is just that time of the year, but things are starting to pick up with the new season of television!
- Don’t forget to enter our Kevin Smith book giveaway!
- THOR has an official description: “The movie’s story centers on Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions re-ignite an ancient war. As punishment, Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans. Once here, he learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends dark forces of Asgard to invade Earth.” It sounds like it fits in well with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk established in the Marvel movie universe.
- Glee is pretty awesome. If you haven’t given it a chance yet, you can watch full episodes on FOX’s website for free.
- Jesse Eisenberg, Justin Timberlake, and Andrew Garfield have joined the cast of The Social Network. The flick focuses on the founding of Facebook and was scripted by Aaron Sorkin and set to be directed by David Fincher. Even with all of this talent, I just can’t get excited about a movie focusing on the formation of Facebook, Sounds like a complete borefest. At least Jesse will be kicking some Zombie-ass soon enough.
- Justin Lin has been signed to helm a reboot of Highlander. What happened to there can be only one? While I do like Lin’s work, I’d rather see them make Highlander 13 rather than start over with a “hot/young/sexy/hip/trendy/can’t act” cast. Oh well. As long as they don’t try to remake Back to the Future, I’ll be okay.
- The cast of one of TV’s best shows, Damages, just got bigger. Campbell Scott, Martin Short, Lily Tomlin and Keith Carradine will be joining Glenn Close and Rose Byrne for the series’ third season. You can revisit the show’s first season here.