Welcome to an all new (midweek) Pit! Enjoy…
- Our friends at 141tv have posted the 2010 Emmy Nominations along with predictions. I don’t agree with them, but he makes some interesting picks.
- The Examiner is reporting that Mike Judge is at work on 30 new episodes of the cult animated series Beavis and Butt-Head. This is only a rumor for now, but I think that would be a pretty cool move by MTV. They are trying to move from their slate of reality shows and into more scripted series. What woul dbe better than bringing back their most famous scripted series. The site says that the show will retain its original format with music videos cut into the show with B&B doing their usual commentary.
- A few more actors join X-Men: First Class, including Caleb Landry Jones as Banshee and Nicholas Hoult as the Beast. They join previously cast James McAvoy as Professor X and Michael Fassbenderas Magneto. Other rumored casting includes Kick-Ass‘ Aaron Johnson coming onboard as X-Men’s team leader Cyclops, and Alice Eve as Emma Frost. Johnson could make a pretty awesome Cyclops, but Eve is way too old to portray a teenage Emma Frost.
- James Cameron’s Avatar is returning to 3D theaters on August 27 with 8 additional minutes of footage. The special edition includes some new creatures and action scenes. Will you be seeing the flick again?
- Hollywood the Game has been surging with creativity with more than 4 virtual films being released a week in the Hollywood simulation game and writing community. Read, review, and make contacts by visiting the site and signing up for an account!