So much going on in the world of TV, lets focus on some of that today!
- Steven Spielberg’s upcoming TNT sci-fi series Falling Skies finally has a release date! It will launch with a 2 hour premiere on June 19 at 9pm, than ove into a regular Sunday 10pm timeslot. The new alien centered series stars TV vet Noah Wyle (ER). If it is half as good as Spielberg’s past sci-fi TV effort Taken, I’ll be tuning in.
- TNT has also announced dates for the new seasons of its original programming. Men of a Certain Age with Ray Romano and the great Scott Bakula returns on June 1st at 10pm for the last 6 episodes of its second season. June 1st will also see the premiere of Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved by the Bell) legal series Franklin Bash. It will have a 10 episode first season. June 14th will see the launch of new seasons of both the Jason Lee starer Memphis Beat and the Jada Pinkett Smith hospital drama Hawthorne, where she is joined this season by singer/actor Marc Anthony. June 26th sees the return of crime series Leverage and July 11th is the start of new seasons of veteran shows The Closer and Rizoli & Isles.
- I wonder who would play Charlie Sheen in a TV Movie about this rise/fall and “winning”? Sheen has endorsed Rob Lowe to take over for him on Two and a Half Men… he might make a good Charlie Sheen though. Hmmmm. Maybe Sheen could even finance the movie, he just filed a law suit against Warner Brothers for 100 million dollars. Dr. Evil style yo.
- My Future Girlfriend, the new webseries from the creators of We Need Girlfriends finally has a release date! Ragtag Productions will release the first episode of the five episode sci-fi influenced series on April 1st! Hopefully we’ll get a teaser to post soon!
- This past Monday House took on zombies in a dream sequence and back at Halloween we saw Community faced with a zombie like invasion, what other shows would you like to see the characters take on zombies in? How would members of The Office fare? I think the doctors at Grey’s would get eaten pretty quickly. Chuck and company would easily defend the Buy More from the undead. Sound off in the comments with what shows and characters you’d like to see face a zombie invasion!
- Getting rid of an old computer? Don’t forget that you want to clear the information and recycle the electronics the right way, using a company like Round2.net .