It has been a while since I posted The Pit and things have been pretty slow recently (with the TV season ending and are any films even shooting?). Here is a new and slightly beefy-er edition of The Pit. Enjoy!
- It is official! Mariska Hargitay and Chris Meloni will both be returning for the 11th season of Law & Order: SVU. Unlike the other Law & Orders, I can’t imagine SVU without Hargitay and Meloni. Their characters and chemistry separate SVU from the Criminal Intent and the original L&O.
- Awesome awesome awesome Lost news! We’ll be getting a full extra hour in the sixth (and final) season! The producers felt that they needed a little extra time to tell the whole story. I’m game for how ever much time they need.
- The hip hop magazine Vibe will be closing its doors, according to the New York Times, and the recession is to blame. Or is it another sign of the print medium dying?
- Will Dimension Films be remaking or franchising An American Werewolf in London? While I wouldn’t mind seeing another semi sequel like An American Werewold in Paris, I’d hate it if they just tried to remake the original. Not only does it hold up well with time, but it’d be impossible to improve it, so what would be the point?
- It has been a while since I’ve reported any 90210 news (and sadly it looks like neither Dylan nor Brandon will be coming back next season), Abercrombie and Fitch model Trevor Donovan has been cast as Teddy, a pretty boy tennis player and son of a movie star. Could he be the guy driving the car that witnessed Annie run over something in the season finale? We’ll find out on September 8th, when the second season of 90210 begins.
- Speaking about casting, I really like the idea of Noah Wyle leading a group of soldiers and survivors against an unknown alien force in Steven Spielberg and TNT’s upcoming sci-fi series. Between this and V, it looks like aliens are battling vampires for the entertainment monster spotlight.