Welcome to the New Year! I hope that 2011 brings you everything that you are looking for. The beginning of the new year means a lot of things; the Oscars are rapidly approaching, TV’s winter break will soon be over (Wipe Out returns in a few days!), and Marvel Comics is gearing up its next big crossover, dubbed “Fear Itself”.
Lets move on to the newest entertainment news from that Pit named Hollywood. Today we’re gonna look at a mix of comic news, upcoming television shows, and some movie tidbits.
- In less than 20 days Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 will be coming to an end! I still have a lot of questions after last issue’s tragic end and I can’t want to see how Joss sets up Buffy Season 9 and the new Angel series that is launching at Dark Horse Comics. 2011 will be bringing us a lot of good Buffy stuff.
- 24 was canceled this past March, but fans were left with a lot of hope that they’d see Kiefer Sutherland’s Jack Bauer live to fight another day… that was until this past week when FOX rejected the proposed script and put the project in development hell. There is still a good chance that it’d get made with Sutherland actively talking about it and Tony Scott interested in helming the action movie.
- 2011 is looking very positive in terms of comic related television shows. In just a week Cartoon Network is presenting a look at DC Comic’s next generation of heroes with Young Justice, a show that focuses on the comic universes top sidekicks, including Robin, Superboy, Kid Flash, and others. Also gearing up from DC and CN is Green Lantern: The Animated Series, which follows what Ryan Reynolds and Martin Campbell are setting out to do in the new movie; Hal Jordan, intergalactic policeman. Marvel Comics is looking to produce new live action shows for the Hulk and Cloak & Dagger. Hulk is currently in the very early stages of development, but ABC Family is looking to produce a teen friendly version of Cloak & Dagger. It is cool to see them gearing up actual live action shows. The current season of Smallville shows just how well a series can handle the action and sci-fi elements that are involved with bringing a comic series to life. In addition to DC and Marvel’s efforts, there is the long rumored Powers series (which I hope doesn’t happen because I’d love to some day be involved with such a series).
- Hawkeye will be making his first theatrical appearance in this summer’s Thor? That is the latest rumor making the rounds. With the confirmation that Sam Jackson’s Nick Fury will be absent from the film, I’d love to see Jeremy Renner in the mix. I just hope that he doesn’t try to fight the fallen God, for his own sake.
- Hollywood the Game’s latest year has ended and the game will be celebrating the past year of movie releases with its Bi-Annual Awards show. Head on over to HollywoodtheGame.com for more details!
- Do you have a dog? Looking for the best medications for them? There are a lot of websites that can help you with the search, sites like PetCareRx Reviews.